Today I am detouring from our normal format, to ask you for some clarity…actually some HELP and your brilliant IDEAS!!!!
In 2 Saturdays I am hosting (with a friend) my first GARAGE SALE! I told Rene last night, that I was starting to feel almost giddy about this epic event.
– It feels like a very Americana, I am a married adult type of event – and having been married only a year, these type of events still make me feel like a starry eyed kid on Christmas morning.
– Volunteering to be outside all day, means that the weather is getting cool enough, for me to believe I could even survive outdoors for 8 plus hours.
– I love getting rid of clutter, its like a free detoxifying spa treatment for my brain.
– With every item I put in my pile, I feel like I am finding money I forgot I had, like when you reach into your coat pocket and pull out a dollar bill you forgot was in there.
So how can you HELP ME? By giving me your input on a few questions:
1. Have you hosted a garage sale at your house? What do you wish you had known beforehand?
2. How did you publicize your event?
3. What is the most $ you have ever paid for an item at a garage sale?
4. What is the best deal you have ever gotten at a garage sale?
5. What do you go to garage sales to find?
6. I am needing some feedback on how to price items, What do you think is a good price for these type of items?:
– Gently used but still cute women’s clothing, Gently used but still rugged and manly men’s clothing?
– Decorative items, frames, vases ect…
– An old California license plate =) My most unique item so far.
Thanks for your help friends, and I will let you know how it goes!