Last week I had a craft day with two friends. I had intended to share about my wondrous craft with y’all today. However, it was a long, obnoxious project which turned out great, but I would rather not relive its tedious details here today.
So with the permission of my friends I decided to share with you their quick and easy Christmas craft creations. I couldn’t believe how fast their crafts were. Both were almost completed in the amount of time it took me to sew a button on my husband’s shirt (true story).
Can’t get enough DIY Craft and Gift Ideas…Neither can I! I have been pinning a lot of economical homemade gift and craft ideas on Pinterest. Follow my board, It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas.
Craft #1: Cinnamon Candle by Becky
* Special thanks to Girls Guide To for their inspiration for her craft.
– Candle (tall or short, pillar candles work best)
– Cinnamon Sticks, buy in bulk at grocery store
– Glue Gun
– Ribbon or Twine depending on the look you are going for. This ribbon was from Hobby Lobby
– Glue the Cinnamon sticks around the candle until completely covered.
– Tie the twine or ribbon around the cinnamon sticks.
– The ribbon needed to be glued in a few places to stick on the cinnamon sticks.
Craft #2 – Monogram Initial Vintage Ornament by Heather
Ok! I think this ornament is so000 adorable and would make the perfect gift for a Newlywed couple, your friends or a sweet baby celebrating their first Christmas!
– Round Paper ornament, these are from Hobby Lobby.
– Craft paint brush
– Modge Podge, Antique Matte finish.* You could also use regular Modge Podge but I really like the vintage effect the antique matte finish gave it.
– Dictionary you can cut*.
– Apply the thin strips by covering the back of the strips completely with the modge podge and sticking to the ornament. Do this until the ornament is completely covered with the dictionary pages.
– Cut out the Intial Letter you want to highlight. Modge Podge it onto the center of the ornament.
– Use the Modge Podge to cover the entire ornament with a fine layer of the glue. The modge podge will dry clear and create a sealant.
Have you been crafting for Christmas? What is your favorite Christmas craft you have done?
*(Note: Clarity with Charity is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. These are my amazon affiliate links, if you should decide to buy them, I receive a tiny percentage.)