********If you would like to LISTEN to this Post you can LISTEN HERE********
Advent Week 1: Read Here
Advent Week 2: Read Here
Advent Week 3: Read Here
I hope y’all are having an amazing start of Christmas week! Our family is getting ready to fly today, and just got through 3 boys with the flu….whew…. Even though this week is busy for most of us, I want you to know that it matters that you are taking a few minutes to connect your heart to Jesus! Way to go, making Him a priority in your day! It has been an absolute joy creating these devotionals for you and my prayer is your heart has been filled with fresh hope and that you have encountered Jesus this Christmas season.
8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
Today we are going to jump right into some response questions because my hope is you will take some time to worship Jesus at the end of this time.
- This week pay attention to what has captured your affection and adoration.
- Write down the top 3-5 things that you discover.
- An easy way to discover what these things or people are is to pay attention to what you think about during the day, worry about and/or dream about. Another way to uncover what we value is to look at where our money and time is being spent.
- As you look at your list of 3-5 things, ask the Holy Spirit to show you where any of these things are stealing the adoration and affection He deserves.
- As He reveals them to you, repent for anyway your attention and affection has been primarily captured by anything other than Him.
- As you repent, know that He forgives you, and are covered by the finished work of the cross and empty grave!
- Take some time everyday to worship God, and re-train your heart and mind to give Him your adoration and affection. There are so many ways to worship God. We can speak out loud and declare the things about His character and nature we are thankful for. We can journal or tell a friend a testimony of something amazing God has done, or maybe you’ll even get a chance to tell a stranger your testimony! Reading the Psalms or any passages of scripture can also be a way to stir our affection and adoration for Him. Finally, I have left a worshipful Christmas playlist you can sing and worship to.
LISTEN to the CHRISTMAS WORSHIP PLAYLIST HERE.
Merry Christmas! I am praying for you,